Modern Warfare 3 content drops 9 through 12 go live for premium Elite members on the PlayStation 3 tomorrow, June 14th. A patch that brings a bunch of fixes, additions and weapons re-balancing is live now.
Multiplayer map Oasis, new Face Off Mode and maps Aground, Erosion, Getaway and Lookout, and Spec Ops missions Iron Clad and Kill Switch will be available June 14th for premium Elite members, while all PS3 owners can download patch 1.15 now. Patch 1.15 includes the new ‘Competition Mode‘ for improved LAN games, another 5 levels of Prestige, taking the total to 20, and some balancing. Check out the full change list below.
PS3 Patch 1.15
– 400 new ranks included in 5 new prestige levels (prestige 16 through 20)
– Dead Man’s Hand now has a reduced explosive radius
– Dragunov rebalance– we reduced the recoil
– Fixed Dead Silence / Sitrep Pro issue with Specialist class (you can’t hear your own footsteps anymore)
– Blast Shield is now buffed in hardcore modes
– Fixed an issue where some “defense” kills were not incrementing on the leaderboard
– Fix for rapid fire glitch (semi-automatic weapons can’t gain rapid fire and unlimited ammo anymore)
– Increased damage reduction for Blast Shield in Hardcore modes
– Fix for Kill Confirmed: Update the player score before updating the team score
– Competition Mode added to System Link (LAN parties!)
Non-premium Elite members on the PS3 will get the new Face Off Mode and maps Aground and Erosion June 15.