5 Major graphics enhancements coming to Black Ops 2 graphic engine
There’s a certain school of thought which holds that all Call of Duty games look the same – ergo, that all Call of Duty games look like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. You can see the point, to a degree: the core of Modern Warfare 3′s engine dates back to 2005. But much as the developers have rejuvenated the franchise’s multiplayer each year by chopping and changing mode dynamics, so they’ve managed, by honing their techniques with masochistic abandon, to keep the old code fresh. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will be no exception.
1. Buffed-up lighting and shadows
2. Shadows now layer realistically
3. Weapons look a hell of a lot nicer
4. Textures blend more convincingly, thanks to Reveal Mapping
5. More detail across the board